I am cooking big batches of tilapia, chicken, and veggies...
and putting them in the freezer.
Also abnormal? I am feeling pretty burnt out at the gym lately, but am still forcing myself to go. I'm less than three weeks out -- too close to the show to be skipping workouts. If I weren't competing in less than a month, I'd probably want to take a week to deload, but that will likely have to wait until after the big day.
I use some Jedi mind tricks on myself to rev myself up for the gym (and for meal prep, the bane of my existence).
- I tell myself if I'm not feelin' it, I'll leave (or stop meal-prepping). Once I get started, though, I always wind up committing & finishing the workout / prep.
- I think about the fact that the girls I'm going to be competing against are hitting these very same mental and physical obstacles.
- I remember just how many people have gone through this process before me. If they can do it, so can I.
- I visualize the finish line: standing on stage and feeling incredibly proud of everything I've accomplished.
- I focus on the fact that I only have 20 days left. I can do anything for 20 days; these 20 days will feel like a blur, if that, in a few months.
It's so close. All I have to do at this point is keep grinding it out.
(PS: If you haven't yet, join the Squat Like A Lady Group page!)